Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Designing Documents and Web Sites

This chapter of the book was interesting. It explained the basics of the design of websites and documents. I liked that the chapter included photos and examples of the different ways to design and set up a document or website, as it made it more understanding and easy to comprehend. I liked reading and learning about the white space and columns involved with a document. I agree with what the book suggests to utilize the white space and columns to make the document visually appealing and easier to read. I would have never thought to have incorporate columns into a document without reading this chapter. Regarding the web site designs, the informational tips and guidelines to help the designer make their site easy to navigate was helpful. This is a very important feature of a website. For example, I do not think the new BSU website is very user friendly. It seems as though each time I use the search box on the website, I get an error message or cannot navigate to what I am trying to find. Overall, the chapter explained a lot of details of how to improve and make a document or website user friendly with design.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, columns are a great idea and I have never applied columns myself. The BSU website is nice to look at, but a monster to navigate.

    ReplyDelete